Spotify song-hopping

OK new game. 

In an attempt to try out new songs and uncover tunes of old, I thought it would be an idea to play some Spotify song-hopping. This involves queuing a song from an artist of choice, then going to the related artists bit at the top right and picking one of them at random. Then pick any song there by that artist, then go to the related artists bit again, pick another at random, then repeat and repeat. 


I guess if you really want you could try to go full circle with one particular artist (i.e. five degrees of separation/Kevin Bacon), but try it by entering a number of genres first; for example start with Muse and go through indie, rap, hop hop, rock and some how come back to Muse.  

Anyway this was the result of my song-hopping tonight. I started with Van Halen's Panama, and after getting stuck in rap for a while plus getting one dance track in Aerodynamic, I soon found myself getting back to some Ain't Talking about Love.  Interesting route if you ask me.

Van Halen - Panama
Ozzy Ozbourne - Crazy Train
Tenacious D - Dio
System of A Down - Mr Jack
Limp Bizkit - Pollution
Eminem - Guilty Conscience
50 Cent - In da Club
Snopp Dogg (feat Johny Cash) - I Walk the Line (remix)
Cypress Hill - Trouble Seeker
Dr Dre - The Next Episode
The Notorious BIG - Hypnotise
Jay Z - 99 Problems
Kanye West - Gold Digger
Daft Punk - Aerodynamic
Muse - Citizen Erased
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Pearl Jam - Light Years
Nirvana - Lithium
Guns N Roses - November Rain
Kiss - Rock and Roll All Nite
Van Halen - Aint Talkin about Love

  

0 comments: